§1. General principles
a. The Conference – The second edition of Amandla Forum Conference organized on March 21-22 in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
b. Organizer – Amandla Group Ltd having its registered seat in 20 Station Road, Cambridge, UK CB1 2JD.
c. Seller – Amandla Group Ltd, having its registered seat in Cambridge, UK CB1 2JD].
d. The registration system, hereinafter referred to as the System – An Internet application, owned by [system owner name], which enables the supporting of the registering process for participants of the Conference.
e. User – Every person that uses the System to register for the Conference.
f. Participant – Natural persons, who are 18 years old and have full capacity to perform acts in law, as well as legal persons and organisational units that do not have legal personality, but which are able to acquire rights and assume obligations in their own name, and which used the System to correctly register for the Conference, until March 7, 2019.
g. Bank account – Bank account of the Seller, used to collect the fees for participating in the Conference, number XXXX kept by Royal Bank of Canada.
h. Signing of contract – It is the moment of posting the fee for participating in the Conference, at the bank account of the Seller. At this moment it is considered that the User has signed a purchase-sale agreement with the Seller, concerning the right to participate in the Conference. The acquiring of the right shall be confirmed by an email that includes a VAT invoice.
i. Participation fee – The amount determined by the Organizer that must be paid by Participants, so as to confirm their participation in the Conference.
j. Payer – A paid Participant.
2. Additional provisions and information
a. The official Conference website is amandlaforum.com,
b. The scope of the System’s operation also includes a service that consists in the storing of User registrations in a database, and handling such registration, by the Organizer and/or Seller.
c. The technical requirements regarding the using of the System are not much different from the technical requirements concerning the using of the Internet. The User must have a computer with Internet access, as well as software that enables viewing of its contents. It is recommended to use the following browsers: Safari, Chrome or Firefox version [recommenden version] or higher.
d. The provisions contained in these Regulations constitute an integral part of applying for participation in the Conference and are applicable to all Participants.
§2. Terms and conditions of participation:
1. To participate in the Conference Participants must:
a. Register for the Conference, which can be done exclusively via an online form available at the Conference’s website; and
b. Pay the Conference fee, as defined by the Organiser under Art. 3 hereunder.
2. The Organiser reserves a right to modify the list of speakers and/or the agenda for reasons beyond its control. The Organiser shall not be held liable in any way for damages vis-à-vis the Participants in such event.
3. The Organiser reserves a right to alter the Conference date for reasons beyond its control. In such event, Participants shall have a right to cancel their participation free of charge. The Organiser shall not be responsible for covering any additional expenses of the Participants made in association with the Conference.
4. The number of Conference places is limited. Participants will be enlisted on the first come first serve basis.
§3. On-line Conference registration
1. Participants can only register for the Conference via an online form available at the address Amandlaforum.com/registration
2. The Conference shall be open for registration from October 1st, 2018 until the last available place has been booked, but in any case no longer than until March 7, 2019
3. During their registration process, participants must fill all fields marked (*).
4. Participants thereby guarantee that all the details filled in is correct.
5. When the registration form has been filled in and the data confirmed the system sends a message to the email address provided in the form, thus confirming the registration. Paid Participants receive a pro forma invoice alongside the confirming email message.
6. Participation in the Conference shall be paid and shall include: attendance to all plenary sessions and key-note speakers, the selection of 3 out 4 training sessions, lunches and coffee breaks, as well as tickets to the gala dinner.
1.The Conference fee shall be £375 plus VAT (£450 inclusive of VAT) until November 1st, 2018, £575 plus VAT (£690 inclusive of VAT) until February 7th, 2019, and £775 plus VAT (£930 inclusive of VAT) afterwards. The amount includes VAT (20%).
2. The Seller provides for the following types of settlement:
a. Natural persons – Payment to the Bank account of the Seller, based on a pro forma invoice, sent electronically, to the email address of the Participant specified in the registering form.
b. Legal persons and organisational units that do not have legal personality:
I.Payment to the Bank account of the Seller, based on a pro forma invoice, sent electronically, to the email address of the Participant specified in the registering form.
II. Using credit or debit cards, or a “quick transfer”, available via the PayPal payment platform integrated with the registration system.
3. The Payer shall receive a VAT invoice, sent electronically to the email address specified during registration, within 15 days from posting a fee on the bank account of the Seller, or following positive authorization of the transaction, via an electronic channel.
4. The deadline for paying pro forma invoices attached to the email messages with registration confirmation is 7 days.
5. The Seller reserves the right to demand from the Participant a confirmation of the fee transfer to be sent via email, if the Participation fee is paid after November 1st, 2019 as a condition for enlisting in the Conference.
6. VAT invoices can be corrected, within the maximum period of 10 days, after they have been issued. Requests for corrections must be sent to the email address of the Seller: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. When buying participation in the Conference, for the benefit of a third party, the Payer confirms that they have been authorized by such party to issue all the necessary declarations, as required to meet the requirements set forth herein. The person registering for the Conference and accepting its terms and conditions thus declares to be duly authorized to make financial commitments towards the Conference Organiser on pain of civil liability, including for damages, for lack or abuse of power.
8. When resigning from participating in the Conference, send a request for reimbursement of the cost of the Participation fee to email@example.com. The Seller reserves the right to reject such request if the conference commences in less than 90 calendar days.
9. Should such request be granted, the Seller shall return the fee, less the costs of returning the fee in the cheapest available manner, within 15 days of sending the request to the Seller.
10. In the case that the User or a person that is not a registered User of the System transfer any amount of money to the bank account of the Seller, which does not correspond to the completed registration, the Seller shall return such payment, less the costs of returning the fee in the cheapest available manner, within 15 days of sending to the Seller the request for refunding the unduly paid amount.
11. The Participation fee referred to in section 1 of this paragraph does not include the following costs: travel and accommodation, UK Visa fees, or any other fees not clearly listed herein.
§5. Permission to use an image
1. During the Conference, the Organiser may arrange photo sessions and may film the course of the Conference for the purposes of broadcasting in the media (TV, radio, Internet, press) or for the purposes of documentation, marketing, or advertising for the Organiser or other parties named by the Organiser. By participating in the Conference Participants give their implicit permission for the recording, use an/or dissemination by the Organiser, parties related to it of each Participant’s image, voice, expression in any promotional and marketing materials without limitation of time or territory.
2. This permission means specifically that photo, video and audio recordings taken during he Conference may be placed on the Conference website or another website managed by the Organiser, as well as used in marketing materials, including by dissemination in audio or video formats. The Participants hereby weave any claims (existing or future), including for compensation from the Organiser for such use of their image, voice or expression for the purposes defined hereunder.
§6. Final provisions
1. The Organizer shall act as the administrator of personal data of the Participants and Payers.
2. The Organizer has entrusted, under a separate contract, the processing of personal data of the Participants and Payers to the Seller for the purposes of financial settlement of Conference participation.
3. Personal data of the Participants collected by the Organizer from the Conference participation form shall be processed for the Conference organization purposes in accordance with the Regulations.
4. Without their knowledge and consent, personal data of the Participant of the Conference or the Payer shall not be transferred to any other data administrators.
5. The disclosure of personal data shall be voluntary and the Participants and Payers have a right to access and modify their personal data.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to use the email address specified when registering for the Conference to make send notifications to Participants of the Conference, including about changes in the Conference programme or the Regulations.
7. The Participants are required to observe the regulations document applicable at the venue of the Conference, including especially principles of general safety, fire safety and security.
8. During the Conference, the Participants shall follow any housekeeping instructions that may be given by the Organiser and in particular shall refrain from recording of the keynote speech (in audio, video and photo formats, or any combination thereof).
9. Should a Participant be found to be in breach of the Conference Regulations, the Organiser shall have a right to refuse the Participant the right to participate in the Conference and request him or her to leave the Conference site or venue.
10. The Conference has a limited number of places for participants. The Organiser reserves the right to reject registration requests when the limit is reached.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to make changes in the Regulations. Upon an announcement by the Organiser of any changes to the Regulations, each Participant registered for the Conference should immediately read such changes. Participants who do not accept any of the changes should notify of their position to the Organiser in writing via electronic channels at firstname.lastname@example.org The notification should reach the Organiser within 7 days from the entering into force of such changed Regulations in failure of which the Organiser shall regard the changed Regulations to have been fully accepted by the Participants.
12. The Organiser can be contacted via mail at 20 Station Road, Cambridge, UK CB1 2JD or via electronic mail at email@example.com
13. Any disputes arising in relation to the Conference participation shall be decided by courts with jurisdiction for the Organiser.
14. The Organisers shall not be liable whatsoever for the Participants’ property that may be lost, destroyed or stolen during the Conference.
15. The Participants shall be fully liable for any damage they cause both in the venues involved in any Conference activities and in their accommodation.
17. By registering, Participants accept these Regulations.